Economic Geologist with more than 40 years professional experience as,
- Researcher at the Geological Institute of Stockholm University in Sweden,
- R& D Project Manager on mineral exploration and development projects and Regional Division Director at the Institute of Geology and Mineral Exploration (IGME) in Greece,
- Senior Specialist at the Geological Survey of Finland (GTK),
- Head of Economic Geology Division at the Geological Survey of Sweden (SGU)
- EU project coordinator at the Geological Survey of Sweden (SGU)
- Department Secretary at the Swedish Ministry of Enterprise and Innovation
I have through the years got involved in EU-level positions and activities such as,
- Chair of the Mineral Resources Expert Group at EuroGeoSurveys (EGS)
- Executive Secretary and member of the European Technology Platform for Sustainable Mineral Resources (ETP SMR)
- Member of the Raw Materials Supply Group, the working groups on Criticality and Rare Earth Elements (ERECON), the Operational Groups of European Innovation Partnership on Raw Materials
- Member of the Advisory Group on “Climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials” thematic area of the Commission’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation programme.
Since 1984, I have been actively involved in more than 25 EU Research &Development minerals related projects, as coordinator and participant. For more than 15 years I have been involved in evaluation of proposals, addressing Framework program calls and as Project Technical Assistant (PTA) reviewing ongoing EU funded projects.
Näringsdepartementet/Ministry of Enterprise and Innovation
Enheten för Branscher och Industri/Department for Business and Competition