New challenges owing to Covid-19 related to climate change and sustainability while technological innovations are having a considerable impact on the production, processing and distribution of foodstuffs.
The agricultural sector is not only affected by climate change but also contributes significantly to it. However, emissions from the agriculture and animal feed value chains are very significant.
New issues and questions arise:
• the European Green Deal and sustainable agriculture
• the Green Agenda and CAP post 2020
• the EU’s Farm to Fork policy, including food safety related to Covid-19
• should the agri sector be included in the EU ETS system?
• financing the agribusiness sector; tax incentives; smart farming